Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Found Poem

I wake every morning
To a ding of a bell
The day is begining
It's off to the field to pick the cotton
Day after day
Now the season is over
We are sold away
The white people are calling out numbers
I hope my new master will be nice to me
I fear that he will not be
I am sold and taken away in chains
I become a slave master
With all the power
But i know how it feels
So i let them free 
The master finds out
  I am going to be lynched
My breathing stops
I am hanging still
This is my punishment
For disobeying the lord

2 comments:

  1. Wow...
    OK that was great. Really Really REALLY good!
    Keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! The last line really hits you, as if this is all god's will. Now just come up with a title other than "found poem"

    ReplyDelete